Thursday, November 26, 2009

I have a lot to be thankful for...

It's 6 a.m. on Thanksgiving morning and something has possessed me to write a blog post for the first time in about six months. My intentions to blog were good, my topics are abundant yet somehow I never seem to get around to it. But today is different! I'm up!!! and I'm gonna blog about it :)

Several of my friends have been faithful to a month long practice of updating their Facebook status with the things they are grateful for. My "thankful" updates were sketchy at best. So, here they are all at once (Disclaimer: this list is in no way intended to be a comprehensive list. However, if you feel left out please feel free to call my Mom and "let her have it" for raising an ungrateful child :)

In no particular order of importance (because that would require me to think way too hard):

* Opposable thumbs - laugh if you will but all that baking I did last night would have been much more difficult without them. Not to mention how many more typos this blog post would have.

* Organic Turkey Farmers - these guys rarely get the credit they deserve for their contributions to my favorite holiday. These turkeys didn't grow themselves people - thank a farmer!

* Punkins!!! I love 'em!!! They are delicious and nutritious and this year I roasted some for the very first time. Hello, yummy soups, pies, cakes and who knows they are probably even good with Bacon!

* Bacon. That's all - just Bacon.

* Coffee (see bacon for more detail)

* Vodka - it's clearly delicious alone or with almost any liquid companion.

*College Football - I reserve the rant to continue to rant about the BCS but there is just nothing like the pure competition of college football!

* A strong body (ok, I may owe Wes the Trainer some gratitude here but I do most of the work :) It's great to be up this morning ready to run in the Turkey Trot!

* My awesome friends - you know who you are! Some of you have been around since second grade and others are more recent additions. Thanks to all of you who listen to me, advise me and help me hide the evidence when necessary. Special thanks to DW who has taught me to cook outside the prepackaged isles this year and showed me life without gluten can still be awesome!

* My Clareity Partners and Team - seriously the most amazing group of people I've ever had the opportunity to work with. The "work hard, play hard attitude keeps us going even in challenging times".

* Geddes Teens - they challenge me physically, intellectually and emotionally on a daily basis. I love them without condition, but they do get bonus points for taking out the garbage!

* My family - I am fortunate to have a big one! Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Grama's, one Grandpa left, one amazing Mom, 2 cool Dad's and a Poppy, 2 baby brothers I adore, 2 more baby bros I inherited later in life but also adore, and 3 of the cutest nephews on the planet. Add Geddes Teens and we put the fun in "dysfunction" :)

*LOVE - I have so much of it in my life and I rarely am able to just kick back, enjoy and appreciate it. Thanks to all who love me and for the opportunity to love you back!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment